Guidelines And Application Form For Spdc Scheme 2020 Admission On Merit Basis In Edcil’s Associated Institutions The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), Government of India, launched a scheme called “Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children” (SPDC), in the academic year 2006-2007, for the wards of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to assist them in pursuing Under Graduate courses in Indian Universities/Institutes. EdCIL (India) Limited, a Government of India Enterprise, has been designated as the “Nodal Agency” for implementation of the SPDC.
SPDC Scholarship 2020-20 for Diaspora Children
This Information Booklet details the procedure for admission into designated institutions and courses and the award of scholarship, for the academic year 2020-20120.
- The SPDC is applicable to undergraduate studies in Professional and Non- Professional courses (except Medical and related courses). Assistance provided under comprises of financial assistance, primarily towards tuition fee, admission fee and post admission services as mentioned herein after.
- The scheme is applicable to Indian Diaspora from 40 select countries, having larger concentration of Persons of Indian origin , as listed at Appendix-A.For the purpose of the SPDC, the Indian Diaspora shall comprise of PIOs and NRIs, as specified in Appendix-B.
- Scholarship shall be provided to 100 selected students as per the following distribution:
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) – 50 (Fifty)
Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) – 50 (Fifty)
डायस्पोरा बच्चों के लिए एसपीडीसी छात्रवृत्ति 2020-20
Eligibility Criterion For Admission
- The SPDC is open for applicants in the age group of 17 to 21 years as on 1st October 2020. In other words, applicants born on or after 1st October, 1993 and before 1st October, 1997 are eligible to apply for it. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University Certificate of Class
- 10th or equivalent, or as mentioned in a certificate for this purpose issued by appropriate Government authorities of respective countries will be taken as authentic for this purpose